Best PhD College in Mumbai - Universal AI
Ph.D., program is a doctoral program offering studies in different fields of management and cross-functional areas. The program aims to train prospective scholars to become highly skilled and innovative researchers and teachers in various fields (aspects) of management and relevant areas. It primarily aims at preparing scholars for careers as faculty members at premier academic institutions and for position outside academics requiring advanced research and analytical capabilities.
- PhD at India’s First AI University by using cutting-edge technology & expert faculty
- Advanced Knowledge and Expertise
- Doctoral candidates will work closely with faculty advisors and engage in independent research projects that contribute to the existing body of knowledge in their field.
- Professional Growth and Career Opportunities: The skills developed during the Ph.D., including research, problem-solving, and analytical thinking, are highly transferable and sought after in various professional fields.
- Collaboration and Networking with 200+ CEOs & CXO’s
At the time of applying for admission, a candidate is required to choose his/her area of specialization for the purpose of the thesis. The candidate can pursue research in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Liberal Arts (Economics)
A candidate is permitted to change the area of research only with the permission of PhD Committee. The committee may require the scholar to do some more courses suitable for the changed research area as the condition for such a change
- Full-time Candidates:
A candidate who wishes to work for the Ph.D. degree full time (including project staff working in sponsored projects being carried out at the University) should apply in the prescribed form on or before the due dates to be normally announced twice every year.
- Internal part-time candidates:
All the staff members of the University having the required minimum qualifications can work on a part-time basis for the Ph.D. degree. They should apply in the prescribed form on or before the dates to be normally announced twice every year.
- External part-time candidates:
- a) Teachers working in other colleges in a permanent position and candidates sponsored by R & D organizations, National laboratories and Industries having R & D facilities, with requisite minimum qualifications can work on a part-time basis for Ph.D. degree but they should apply in the prescribed form on or before the specified dates, to be formally announced twice every year.
- b) Sponsored candidates from industry or Institutes of Higher Education or research Institutes.
For admission to the Ph.D. programme in a related subject of the concerned faculty, the applicant shall fulfill the following conditions:
a) A 1-year/2-semester Master’s degree programme (after a 4-year undergraduate degree) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 10-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions.
b) A 2-year/4-semester Master’s degree programme, with the same conditions as in subclause 2.1.1 above.
c) A candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree with Research should have a minimum CGPA of 7.5/10.
d) A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision 3 of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their master’s degree before 19th September 1991.
e) A relaxation of 0.5 score, i.e. CGPA of 7/10 or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
10.1. Credit Requirements, number, duration,syllabus, minimum standardsfor completion, etc. for Ph.D.programme shall be as under:
- Ph.D.course work shall be of 12 credits.
- Research methodology & Publication Ethics– 4 credits
- Quantitative tools techniques & Seminar paper – 4 credits
- Subject paper suggested by the guide – 4 credits
- The course work shall be treated as prerequisite for Ph.D. programme.
- Ph.D. scholar has to obtain a minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in theUGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade / CGPA in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in the course work in order to be eligible to continue in the programme and submit the thesis.
All admissions for Ph.D. programmes shall be through a Common Entrance Test conducted by the university, except for those who have been specifically exempted under these rules. However, the merit list of Ph.D. The entrance test shall be prepared as per the eligibility criteria of respective programs.
- An Entrance Test shall be a qualifying test for admission to a Ph.D. program. The Entrance Test will be of 100 marks. The qualifying marks for the Entrance test shall be 50% marks. The negative scheme of marking shall not be applicable.
- The Entrance Test shall consist of 100 questions, 50 based on Research Methodology and 50 shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) to be notified in advance. The details of syllabus for the Entrance Test shall be made available on the University Website
- Entrance Examination will be offline/online.
- The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes.
- All the candidates who pass the entrance exam shall appear for the proposal presentation with the panel which consists of at least one external expert. The presentation shall carry 30 marks weightage which may analyze the research objectives and the research area of the candidate.
Rules for seeking exemption from attempting the Ph.D. Entrance Examination
- A candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned in point 2 above and qualified GATE (valid score) of that particular year, will be considered for exemption from the entrance examination. It is further provided that the seats to be allowed for admission to Ph.D. from GATE qualified candidates will be 10% of the total vacancy of respective subject/branch or 1 seat, whichever is more. The merit for admission form amongst GATE qualified candidates will be decided based on valid GATE scores.
- A candidate qualified JRF/UGC-CSIR NET (Including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder or have passed M. Phil program/Eligible PET score from any state public universities or central universities, will be considered for exemption from the entrance examination. The merit for admission from amongst JRF / SRF candidates will be decided based on marks scored in the master’s degree.
- Candidates admitted through QIP-Ph.D. scheme of AICTE at the QIP research center, after satisfying all the requirements, of the QIP scheme are exempted from the entrance test and interview, to enable them to register for the respective Ph.D. programme of the University.
|Nomenclature of Fees External
|Internal (Inhouse Employees)
|External (Industry Sponsored / Govt Sponsored)
|Admission Fee (Before admission)
|Security Deposit (Refundable, before coursework)
|Annual Fee (Every year) Tuition Fee + Infrastructure fee (Lab, Library, Research Database)
|(80,000 + 35,000) 1,15,000
|(1,00,000+ 50,000) 1,50,000
|Exam Fees (Before final DC meeting)
|Approval of Synopsis (Before synopsis)
|Ph.D., Thesis Submission (Before final thesis)
Note: The final courses which will be delivered will be approved by the BoS.