Dr. Harjit S. Anand
FACULTY – GENERAL MANAGEMENT
Harjit Singh Anand is a former senior administrator in the Government of India and former co-president of the EuroIndia Centre, Professor at the Centre for Study of Administration of Relief (Delhi) and President of the Working Group on Famine and Society of the International Sociological Association.
- Ph.D. on “the Directive Principles of State Policy and Attitude Orientation at the L.B.S. National Academy of Administration.”
- M.A. in Sociology from the Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
- B.A. Honours in Political Science with Economics from the University of Delhi.
- Visiting Professional with the Overseas Development Group (ODG) at East Anglia; wrote a monograph on “Participative Socio-Economic Approach to Development” for ODG (UK).
- After obtaining a BA (Honours) in Political Science with Economics, an MA in Sociology and a PhD in Administration, he joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in 1973. Among the various posts he has held, the following are particularly noteworthy Career Service with the International Labour Organization at its India Office for over two years as Mission Leader for the Informal Sector.
- Director General of the Haryana Institute of Public Administration from 2002 to 2005.
- As Member Secretary, leading the National Capital Region Planning Board to adopt an environmentally progressive policy and to finance innovative urban development projects with a Regional planning approach.
- Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation of the Government of India in which capacity he was instrumental in preparing the National Housing and Habitat Policy with a clear focus on social exclusion and inclusion and low income housing.